Today I attended the Oracle BI EE 11g R1 Launch Event in de Meern in Holland. This was an event with a life satellite connection to London where the official launch event was held. Back in London they think Amsterdam and de Meern is the same. The should walk between these two cities ;-).
The launch event was very well organized. Although we had to wait one or two times, all the presentations and demo’s both in London as well as here in Holland integrated seamlessly. Talking about integration, this is one of the keywords, when we are talking about Oracle BI.
Complete, Integrated and Open. That is the basis for the new Oracle BI solution Oracle is offering.
- Analytical Applications
- Common Enterprise Information Model
The moment we were all waiting for, was the moment we went under the hoods (kimono’s, kilts) of Oracle BI EE 11g R1. In Holland Nick Tusin and Mike Durran gave us a overview of what we can expect in this new release. The demo was divided into 4 parts;
- Mobile, Collaboration and Reporting & Publishing,
- Operational Management.
We have seen a lot of (new) improved things. As Mike has said afterwards, he could easily have filled a day of demoing. A few highlights in a complete arbitrary order:
- Oracle BI Answers and Dashboards
- Improved browser UI
- Hierarchy columns (groups / different levels)
- Graphical Sliders
- Geo Spatial Analysis
- Scorcarding and Strategy Management
- Federated Queries
- Multiple datasources (Oracle Essbase 11g and OLTP)
- Oracle BI Action Frame work for Closed Loop Oracle BI
- Oracle BI Collaboration
- Oracle Webcentre Workspaces and Collaboration
- Oracle BI Search
- Secure Enterprise Search
- Search and Preview
- In Context
- Oracle BI Publisher
- Integrated and Interactive
- Real Pixel Perfect Reporting
- Integrated Layout editor
- Microsoft Office Integration
- Oracle BI Operational Mangement
- Enterprise Manager
- BI Plugin
- Oracle BI Security
- Identity Management
- 29 September 2010 – Official launch in Holland (Galgenwaard – Utrecht)
- September 2010
- Delta Trainings for Partners
- Trainings for Customers (Instructor-Led, Online eStudy, Seminars)
- Oracle BI Workshop
- Test Drive Sessions
- General Availability; Within a few weeks. Bets are still open.
For more details, check Oracle
If you would like to join the conversation, join Twitter using the following hashtags;
All in all a very informative event. Definitely more to come!