Last week I visited the Oracle Business Analytics Partner Update at Oracle NL in Utrecht, the Netherlands. The NL (Pre-) Sales gave us an update of the Oracle Analytics Roadmap. There is a lot of movement in the world of Oracle Analytics. I have written about the publications during Oracle Open World 2014. When we look back at 2014; “Year in Review – Oracle Business Analytics in 2014“, we can see that there are a few subjects key; Big Data, Cloud.
Oracle Business Analytics Strategy
The Oracle Business Analytics Strategy can be captured in one picture.
The Oracle Business Analytics Strategy consists of Six Design Goals.
1. Solutions – “To see more Patterns”
- 12 C
- R Integration
- Interactive Dashboards
- Voice & Word Recognition (BIAsk)
- Data Mashups
- Endeca Information Discovery
2. Mobile – “A Secure and Simple Experience”
Oracle has two options for a Mobile Experience.
- Oracle BI Mobile HD
- Oracle BI Mobile App Designer
3. More Answers – “In Context”
- Oracle BI Applications (On Premise)
- Informatica (Statement of Direction)
- OTBI Saas (Embedded in Oracle Cloud Applications)
- OTBI Enterprise (HCM, CRM, ERP, etc.)
4. Most Complet – “Cloud Capabilities”
There already is a lot of information to be found about the Oracle BICS offering;
- Oracle BICS Video (Key Concepts, Features and Benefits)
- Oracle BICS eBook
- Oracle BICS – Videos & Tutorials
- Introduction to Oracle BI Cloud Service (RittmanMead)
If you like there is also a possibility to Try it Live.
5. Engineered – “Systems that Scale Operations”
Check here for more video’s about Oracle’s X5 Engineered Systems Launch Event.
6. Faster – “Innovation Cycles”
Oracle introduces; Oracle Big Data Discovery – The Visual Face of Hadoop. With this new tool you should be able to spend more time on analyzing your data instead of prepping it. Check here what Oracle has to say about it.
Sounds like enough to try to keep up with!